Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Just Me!

While doing these blogs I learned more about my passion and skills for hair. I think that my post will help and encourage others to learn about hair. Many people don't have patients for it but once you make something enjoyable, people become more fond of it.


I'm ready to further my education, involving hair and one day own my own business. I look forward to the struggles and journey's of becoming a successful, African American owner.


To me there really is no such thing is a best or top hair stylist because each stylist has his or her own unique technique that makes the hair special. I encourage anyone who desires to become a hair stylist or learn more about hair to continue, because there are lots of benefits and networking when supplying for the people. You get to meet new and different types of people, learn about what and why other cultures do thing differently from your own. it's also just a great experience.


I'm currently putting together a portfolio of the hair that I have done. I'm also excited about the classes and workshops coming up in the future.


I've developed great skills that can be used in life dealing and learning about hair. 'm excited about what the future may hold! I would love to work with some of the more experienced hair artist such as, Jo Handsford , Richard Ward and Beverly C (British top hair stylist two years in a row).


I've posted some pictures of my own work on this blog, believing that one day you all will see me doing hair for Oprah!



















1 comment:

  1. LaToyah,

    Wow. Your hair blog is excellent. You have several useful links, you intelligently weave new information in throughout your blog in a scholarly fashion AND you cite your sources.

    But the best part is seeing the personal photos you included of your own amazing styles--and I REALLy love the photos of you in the process of doing other people's hair.

    ReplyDelete