Tuesday, March 10, 2009

What I know, What i want to know?!?!



To many people hair is an accessory, to others its very precious, a jewel. To me hair should be taken care of and treated. It adds alot to a person and his or her appearance. Your hair tells a person who you are.


There are many textures, lengths, and colors to hair. They all have one thing in common, if you take proper care of it, it'll treat you right. Alot of people don't know how to manage and take care of hair, that's why you have thousands of people like me in the world who loves hair!


Many different cultures value hair in different ways such as Africans, who believe in natural hair, locks, braids, twists and Afro's. Then you have the Chinese who perm (straighten using chemicals) their hair for the natural straight look. Indians believe that women should cover their heads in honor of the male. They also grow their hair very long and chop it off and sell it. Which is where we get most of our human weave today. There are many more cultures and races that does many different thing with their hair.


Through out all the differences between cultures hair, they have many things in common such as split ends, At the end of the hair shaft the hair often splits straight down the strain of hair. This causes shedding and breakage. Which isn't good for the hair, all hair.



Weave is a very important factor in the hair industry today. There are many names for it, extensions, weave, tracks, "hair added" and more. often people use weave to provide length, to make the hair look fuller/thicker, also to give more body. then you have some people who get weave just to have the experience. You can get extensions sewed in, glued in, clipped in, wrapped into your hair.



There are many questions about hair and why it grows? How much it grows per month? Why can't you mix chemicals? Why is there such a huge difference in textures? Why isn't Synthetic hair as good as Human hair?



3 comments:

  1. this a cool blog. cant wait til its finish so i to can also learn more about hair to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WONDERFUL BLOG. CANT WAIT TIL YOU FINISH.MAYBE THEN I COULD DO MY OWN HAIR LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi hon. I don't mean to be rude or anything, but I noticed that you're using one of my photos without my permission. (The first one in this blog). If you could please give me a little credit in your blog, I'd really appreciate it. Just a simple "Photo by Stacy Hagberg" and my website would do. I think it's cool that you're so into hair, that's always something I've been interested in but never good at! Haha. :) Anyway, I'm honored you liked my picture enough to put it in your blog, but please ask next time you use any photo you didn't take yourself.
    Thank you!!
    -Stacy Ann
    www.xstacyxannx.deviantart.com

    ReplyDelete